HealthLink Dimensions, LLC
Effective Date: October 30, 2018
Last Updated: October 30, 2018
- The first section applies to information we collect through the Site or from Third Party Sources.
- The second section applies to the information we collect through our services, the HealthLink SaaS Provider Research Portal, Web API and Digital Marketing Services.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. Learn more about our data transfer operations in the “International Transfer” section below. If you do not agree to the transfer, storage and use of your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate, please do not use the Sites or Services.
Section 1: Data Collection via the Site and Third Party Sources
By using the Site, or by interacting with us through Third Party Sources, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information by HealthLink as specified in this Section 1.
Information We Collect
The Services comprise a platform through which you can access data specific to your selected Service. In using the platform, you may complete forms and provide us with personal information, such as when you:
- register or update the details of your user account or when you provide other verification information;
- access or use the Services; and
- communicate with HealthLink.
We use the term “Personal Information” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of Personal Information include: full name, address, email address, digital identity, such as a login name or handle, tax identification numbers, information about your device, and certain metadata.
- Information You Give to Us
You may choose to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, including your name, email, phone number, state, title, by completing forms on our platform. You may also provide us with Personal Information about yourself when you report a problem or have a question about our Services.
The Sites offer interactive and social features that permit you to submit content and communicate with other users. You may provide Personal Information to us when you post information in these interactive and social features. Please note that your postings in these areas of the Sites may be publicly accessible or accessible to other users.
Please note that if you do not provide us with Personal Information, your ability to use certain aspects of our products and services may be limited.
- Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Platform
When you use our services, either through your internet browser or the API, we collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. When you use our Services, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Site; Internet protocol address; and cookies that uniquely identify your browser. We may also collect and process information about your actual location, including general information (zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the platform or specific features of the platform). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit or use our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third party advertising and analytics partners include Google, LinkedIn, SalesFusion, Pardot and similar partners. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the “Your Ad Choices” section below.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our Services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Clickstream Data. Clickstream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Sites. Clickstream data may include information such as the page served, the time spent viewing the page, source of the request, type of browser making the request, the preceding page viewed and similar information. Clickstream data permits us to analyze how visitors arrive at the Sites, what type of content is popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content on the Sites.
Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To present, operate or improve the Site, including analysis of Site activity;
- To provide you with Services and Products;
- To improve our Services and Products;
- To authorize access to our Sites and Services;
- To respond to technical problems;
- To respond to, process and deliver your communications, requests, surveys, or contest entries;
- To contact you to request feedback about your experience with our products and services or learn about your demographics, preferences or interests;
- To communicate with you about new contests, promotions or rewards, upcoming events, trade shows or conferences, changes to the Site or our products or services, or other news about products and services (whether offered by HealthLink or our partners);
- To process job applications;
- To customize or personalize your online experience, for example to pre-populate forms, or to display or provide you with relevant content, advertising or communications;
- To improve our customer service;
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements;
- To otherwise fulfill the purpose for which the information was provided.
We use the information we collect from our Sites to provide, maintain, improve and optimize them, to develop new services, and to protect our Company and our users.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may use your Personal Information to see which web pages you visit at our Site, which web site you visited before coming to our Site, and where you go after you leave our Site. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Site and how to improve it. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We share Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of HealthLink in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. We may share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of HealthLink when we have your consent to do so.
- For Legal Reasons. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of HealthLink if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of HealthLink, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We attempt to notify users about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- Business Transfers. If we establish a new related entity, are acquired by or merged with another organization, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, Personal Information about our users is often a transferred business asset. In the event that HealthLink itself or substantially all of our assets are acquired, Personal Information about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
Your Choices and Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. We also aim to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you or you may update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your account or by contacting us. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself by making changes in your account, or emailing us at email@example.com. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or for other legitimate business purposes.
We may contact you to request that you update your Personal Information on a regular basis to ensure its integrity for the purposes of ongoing data management.
- Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
1. At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for order confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
- Your Ad Choices
As described above, we or third party partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser when you visit our Sites for the purpose of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising”). You may find more information about entities involved in online advertising and additional choices you may make, including opt-out of having your information used for internet-based advertising, through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service. HealthLink is a participant in the online industry’s self-regulatory program administered by the DAA and has agreed to adhere to the DAA’s principles applicable to interest-based ads.
The tools provided at the DAA opt-out page and the NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not HealthLink. HealthLink does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than HealthLink. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the user to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the user selects or software the user downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the user will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. HealthLink strongly recommends that each user review the third party’s terms and policies.
How We Protect Personal Information
HealthLink maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the user’s Personal Information and other information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Information.
If HealthLink collects account information for payment or credit, HealthLink will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
The Sites are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
HealthLink does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to email@example.com. California users may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Section 2: The HealthLink SaaS Provider Research Portal, Web API and Digital Marketing Services
- Client Information. We collect information about individuals within our Client’s organization (“Client Information”). Client Information may include information related to the Client’s account, name, work e-mail address, work phone number, job title or similar kinds of information. We use Client Information to support the Client account, maintain our business relationship with the Client, respond to Client inquiries, or perform accounting functions. Clients may update personal information and password by logging into the HealthLink Platform and updating their account. Clients may contact HealthLink support in order to delete their personal data. In some cases, we may not be able to delete Client Information, and in such cases we will tell you why.
- Information about our Client’s Contacts. We collect information about any contacts that may be uploaded into the HealthLink Platform (“Information about our Client’s Contacts”). Information about our Client’s Contacts may include name, e-mail address, phone number, job title, or similar kinds of information. We use Information about our Client’s Contacts for the purposes of marketing to such contacts. Clients may update or delete Information about their contacts in the HealthLink Platform. Clients may also contact HealthLink support in order to update and delete such information. In some cases, we may not be able to delete such information, and in such cases we will tell you why.
- Archival Information. We collect communications information for archival purposes on behalf of, and as directed by, our Clients. This information may include emails, texts, websites, social media messages or posts, and other forms of data or electronic communications (“Archival Information”). Archival Information includes data about our Clients and the third parties they correspond with. We do not control or monitor the information our Clients collect and store through our services, or their privacy practices or policies. It is our Client’s obligation to obtain all necessary consents and to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Client’s communications and use of our services. Our Client’s privacy policies or practices apply to Archival Information, the purposes for which the Client collects Archival Information, how the Client may use Archival Information and what choices the individual may have with respect to Archival Information. Individuals must contact the applicable Client in order to correct, amend, or delete their information, or to opt out of any collection, uses or disclosure of their information by our Client.
- Automatically Collected Information. We collect information automatically about how our Clients use our services (“Automatically Collected Information”). We do this via data collection technologies such as cookies, web beacons, gifs or other tracking technologies. We collect this information in order to monitor, support and improve our services or to provide Clients with certain customized features. We may use Automatically Collected Information to tell us how our Clients use our services, to improve our services or develop new products, services or features. We may combine this information with other information we collect.
We will retain client information we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client, or for the period of time requested by a particular Client.
How to Contact Us
Send e-mail to: email@example.com
Send mail to our address:
HealthLink Dimensions, LLC
6 Concourse Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30328