Sean is a leader in the healthcare technology industry with a focus on cost management and data analytics. As an entrepreneur, he has both founded and invested in numerous healthcare technology companies. Sean co-founded and has focused on business development, M&A, and strategic alliances for Stratose (founded 1995 as Coalition America); HealthLink Dimensions (founded 2000); CareLike (founded 2013); and Castellan Group (founded 2018).
His success at growing business and alliances at Stratose led to its recapitalization by Parthenon Capital in 2015 and a subsequent merger in 2016 with Premier Health Exchange, Pay-Plus Solutions, and GlobalCare to form what is now Zelis Healthcare. This merger formed the market-leading provider of end-to-end healthcare claims cost management and payments solutions serving the largest healthcare, dental, and workers’ compensation payers in the country with nearly a half a billion in revenue and 800 employees.
Sean is chairman of the board of CAHC Ventures, Inc., a holding company of Zelis Healthcare equity. CAHC Ventures is the second largest equity holder only to Parthenon Capital Venture Fund. He is also a member of the board of directors of Zelis Healthcare, HealthLink Dimensions, CareLike, and Castellan Group. Other active and former organizations include: the advisory board and shareholder of Sterling Investments (the largest Moe’s Southwester Grill restaurant operator in the country with over 60 locations), University of Kentucky Gatton Business School Business Partnership Foundation advisory board executive member, YPO (Young Presidents’ Organization) Miami member; lifetime member of the University of Kentucky alumni association, former member on the Board of Councilors for the Carter Center, former YEO (Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization) member and Atlanta Chapter President, and a former TEC member.
Awards and Recognition:
- 5000 – Zelis listed for the 8th year in a row (#3506 ranking)
- New Jersey Fast 50 list by NJBIZ – Zelis listed for 2ndyear in a row (#4 ranking)
- Inc. 5000 – HealthLink Dimensions 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- University of Kentucky Patterson Fellow; inducted into Gatton Hall of Fame in 2011
- Deloitte Fast 50 in 2002, 2004, 2005, & 2006
- Listed as one of the “Top 50 Entrepreneurs in Atlanta” by Catalyst Magazine in 2003 and 2004 for companies between $5-$100 million in revenue
- Inc. 500 #96 – Coalition America 2000
- Ernst & Young 1998 and 1999 National Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist – Young (Under 30) Category
- Ernst & Young 1998 Southeast Region Entrepreneur of the Year Winner – Emerging Growth Category
- Georgia Trend 1998 40 Under 40 – Individuals under forty years in age chosen for their achievements and potential in the State of Georgia
- Georgia Outstanding Citizen Award
- Commissioned as Kentucky Colonel