HealthLink Dimensions is seeking a Business Development Director to drive growth in the Northeast U.S. This position will focus on selling HealthCare Provider (HCP) data, data management, emails and email marketing products as well as other associated products and services. The successful BDD will develop and maintain consultative relationships with potential and current clients in the healthcare vertical with specific focus on Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Advertising and Marketing Agencies, Hospital Systems, Health Information Technology, Health Insurance Providers and other organizations that utilize HCP data and emails. This individual will be responsible for researching, identifying and engaging opportunities while generating new sales for the current portfolio of products and services in addition to any new products assigned. The ability to develop high level consultative knowledge of HLD products and services while applying the HLD value proposition to a client’s needs will be a key component of the position.
Estimated travel is approximately 25%. Travel could be higher based on the needs of the accounts and the territory assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Client Recruitment and New Business Development:
- Identifies potential clients within the healthcare market: Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Healthcare Marketing Agencies, Health Information Technology, Hospital Systems, Health Insurance Providers and others who may require HCP data, Email marketing or associated products and services.
- Consults with potential clients to better understand their needs and how our products and services can enhance their ability to manage their customer data or email marketing needs.
- BDD will be responsible for generating new client leads through cold calls, marketing supported leads, Industry conference and trade show leads and utilizing personal connections within the industry.
- Provides customer service and support utilizing the Operational Teams and Subject Matter Experts from the home office.
- Prepares and delivers monthly planning and analysis of client generation efforts.
- Maintains a database of customers and prospects utilizing Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Completes all administrative responsibilities accurately and timely.
- Meets/contacts clients quarterly, or as appropriate to build effective, long term relationships.
- Coordinates client training or support utilizing the Operations Team for technical support and understanding of the HLD products.
- Introduces other key management as appropriate to develop relationships at all key levels of the organization.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding contract terms.
- Responsible for fully understanding and utilizing HLD corporate processes, procedures and technology tools.
- Responsible for developing and completing written proposals and following RFP processes from start to finish.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews for key clients and makes follow-up calls and on-site visits to existing clients to sell products and services.
- Provides on-site product demos to existing clients on request.
- Consistently looks for opportunities to provide additional value by applying our entire product and service portfolio to the clients current and future needs.
- Develops proposals for new products and services as opportunities are identified.
- Meets or exceeds growth targets for assigned block of business.
- Consistently updates all aspects of SFDC as defined by sales and corporate leadership.
- Circulates site visit reports after all client meetings.
- Works effectively and efficiently to manage business expenses.
- Identifies competitive threats and potential new product offerings based on client feedback.
- Attends sales team meetings in Atlanta, weekly conference calls and ongoing live training.
- Attends client sponsored events such as industry conferences and trade shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Business to Business sales experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ selling data, data management or email marketing services.
- Experience in HealthCare vertical sales or marketing preferred.
- Documented career progression and increased responsibility based on results.
- Advanced in-person and remote presentation skills.
- Experience in proactive outbound prospect engagement.
If interested in this position, please submit cover letter and resume via email to BBoyles@healthlinkdimensions.com.